Music Software for computers
||Shareware, free to try
||56K: 1m 33s
64K: 1m 21s 128K: 40s 768K:
TS-AudioToMIDI performs automated recognition of polyphonic
music, stored in mp3,WAVE,AIF,SND,AU formats as well as audio CD tracks. In real-time
mode it instantly converts music coming through the microphone or line input of
your computer into a MIDI sequence. Recognizing pre-recorded music allows converting
digital sound to MIDI format. MIDI file takes hundreds times less space than any
digital sound format, which allows you to use it as a melody for your web page or
make a preview of your mp3 Internet music collection.
As MIDI file is, in fact, a layout of music, you can change its arrangement in contrast
to digital sound. Instruments, number of voices or melody itself can be easily modified
using any third-party score editor, which allows creating remixes, variations and
printing musical notation. You may even put the melody in your mobile phone!
On-fly recognition is a process performed in real-time, without noticeable delay.
Detected notes can be either recorded or played in real time, or both. Thus you
can change instruments in real-time, for example, play the guitar and get piano
TS-AudioToMIDI provides four different note detection algorithms.
A number of filtering options allows to leave aside odd notes. Monophonic methods
provide recognition of one (the loudest) voice in melody but with great accuracy.
Polyphonic method transcribes several voices.
Most important features of TS-AudioToMIDI are:
- Both Monophonic and polyphonic recognition modes, four recognition algorithms.
- Both real-time and pre-recorded modes of sound recognition are possible.
- Manual and auto tuning to correct possible audio signal frequency deviation
from the standard note frequencies.
- Many possible input file formats, including mp3 and CD-Tracks.
- Real-time Spectrum window controlled by Graphical Equalizer.
- Sensor selectivity and sharpness controls with graphic representation are
- Graphic Harmonic Model control, setting up first four harmonics of recognized
- Note duration filter allowing to ignore accidental short notes when recording
to the built-in sequencer.
- Output note filter, allowing to ignore notes of pre-set loftiness with ability
to select note interval and/or presumed key.
- Resulting MIDI signal transposition possible.
- Ability to save settings both combined into one file and separately for