Music Software for computers
||Shareware, free to try
||56K: 14m 8s
64K: 12m 22s 128K: 6m 11s 768K:
Cybercorder provides VCR-like recording for radio shows or any
audio input. Recordings are stored on disk as WAV or MP3 files with optional audio
compression to save disk space. Recordings can easily be played back by selecting
the recording from the list of completed recordings. The customizable playback window
allows to easily advance the recording forward and reverse various step sizes.
Cybercorder 2000 offers the following features
- Uses your own radio or stereo receiver. Connect the radio
headphone or output jacks to the computer sound card line-in jack. Set to your
favorite radio station, adjust the Windows mixer settings, and Cybercorder 2000
does the rest.
- Real-time audio compression - you can utilize any of the
audio compression codecs installed on your system to save disk space.
- Record MP3 - you can record MP3 files with the MP3 file
- Programmed or manual recording - you can schedule as many
recordings as you like or instantly start a recording for the specified amount
of time. The scheduled recordings can be scheduled for a single time or for
selected days of the week such as Mon-Fri 9AM. Program descriptions can be given
to the scheduled recordings to later identify the recordings.
- Program Internet Recordings - you can automatically launch
an Internet URL prior to recording. You can set up Cybercorder 2000 to automatically
hang up a modem connection and/or close the streaming player once the recording
- Automatically Run External Applications - you can automatically
launch an external application prior to and/or after recording.
- Mixer Profiles Cybercorder can automatically activate a
mixer profile containing preset Windows mixer settings prior to and/or after
a recording. This ensures the recording will occur with the correct mixer settings
- Supports long recordings - you can program a recording
to be as long as 24 hours.
- Recordings list - all recordings made are shown in a list,
and any recording can be played from this list. Recordings can be removed from
the list or from disk, and can also be added back to the list if present on
disk. Cybercorder 2000 supports saving and retrieving recording lists containing
WAV and MP3 files.
- Player - allows you to easily advance the recording forward
and reverse various step sizes, along with the slider control. The 6 sets of
forward/reverse buttons can be customized to advance the recording the desired
number of minutes or seconds.
- Show Actual Record Time on the Player - You can set the
Player to display the actual time the recording took place (e.g. 10:42) instead
of just the time into the recording.
- Easy hiding with just one mouse click and restoring with
just one mouse movement. System tray icon becomes animated to let you know whenever
Cybercorder 2000 is recording.
- Purge Old Recordings. Cybercorder 2000 offers the option
to automatically remove old recordings at the specified time to clean up disk
- Disk low notification - when the disk drive runs low (to
a preset level), Cybercorder 2000 indicates a warning. When disk space runs
even lower (also a preset level), it stops recordings and sets a warning indicator
until disk space is freed.
- Disk Status Window - shows disk space information along
with a list of the scheduled recordings.
- Program enable - you can disable a program which is scheduled
for selected days of the week without removing it. The program can then be re-enabled
for later use.
- Explore & Copy to Clipboard - you can easily bring up the
Windows explorer which points at the selected recorded file's folder. Similarly,
you can copy a filename of a selected recording to the Windows clipboard for
cut and paste operations (e.g., for transfer to a portable MP3 player).
- Suspend/resume - Cybercorder 2000 can be placed in a suspended
state if you wish recording to not occur, even with scheduled programs present.
The software can be resumed at any time.
- Pause/Continue a recording in progress.
- Standard WAV file recording - Recorded WAV files are fully
compatible with 3rd party software such as Wave file editors, MP3 converters,
and CD writer software.
- Joystick Activation - A four button joystick can be used
to start, stop, pause, and resume a recording.
- Complete help system.